Welcome to The Normal Mom’s Guide – a place for mamas to find joy and inspiration in being normal, every day moms. Let’s face it, there’s an overwhelming pressure on moms today to be perfect. We have to have perfectly clean homes, children who never misbehave, our kids have to participate in all the things. We are over saturated with these images on facebook, instagram, and in the media. It’s unrealistic and it leaves a lot of moms, myself included, feeling less than.
I’ve been working on the technical side of this blog for several months now, but I’ve been working on the blog itself in my heart for a long time. I just wasn’t sure how to tackle the project. Tired of the feelings I described above, I wanted to create a space where moms like me could let go of the guilt or stigma around just being a normal mom. I will never have a giant house that is always spotless, but I will create a space of love and peace in my home. My kids are messy and loud, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I will never be a perfect mom, but I will always be the mom who strives to make the best life for her family.
I started blogging about 9 years ago as a means to keep distant family up to date while we were engaged and newly married. It became a more serious hobby for me during my pregnancy and after the birth of our daughter. Now, I hope to spread encouragement, inspiration, and build community with moms like you.
Please take a moment to have a look around. If you are wondering where to start, let me point you in the right direction.
- You can find out all about me, my family, and my blog here.
- You can find the birth story of my daughter here.
- The birth story of my son can be found here.
- I’m collecting all my favorite resources for all things parenting here. Check back often, as I will be continually adding to it.
- Whether you’re saying hi, have questions, or would like to work together, I would love to connect with you. Please find my contact page here.
- Finally, this blog uses affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through my link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my full privacy and disclosure pages for more information. Thank you for supporting The Normal Mom’s Guide in this way.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Whether you are in need of some new ideas, tips or tricks, or community, I hope that you can find some encouragement and inspiration here. Please, grab a cuppa, settle in, and stay awhile. Welcome – I am so glad you’re here!